The mission of the Cultural Diversity Network is to promote understanding and respect, keeping Steele County peaceful, trusting, and respectful in a time of rapid social change and an increasingly diverse population.
Cultural Diversity Network works to enrich the community’s cultural understanding through educational opportunities within Owatonna, Minnesota.
- We believe all people deserve to be treated with respect.
- We recognize that diversity encompasses all cultures, races, religions, genders, ages, sexual orientations, economics, and levels of physical or mental abilities.
- We are not affiliated with any particular cultural group, but seek to provide understanding and respect for all cultures.
- We accept that cultural differences are not better or worse than one another, but simply different. We do not seek to change or convert people from their cultural values.
- We believe that it is important to safeguard the human rights of all people in Steele County.
- We believe that it is important not just to tolerate differences, but to celebrate and accept them.